The "CAKE" Family

Life is sweet with two little girls to keep us busy!

Friday, November 5, 2010

So many reasons to be thankful

Tonight, I have been reflecting on my life, and what I take for granted every day. When I found out I was pregnant I joined a group of mommies all due in September. Sadly, some of them did not stay in the group, and my heart broke every time I read about another loss. One loss in particular stuck with me, and probably every woman in the group. This woman lost her son at 19 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I cried for her, even though I have never met her.

Today, I found out that she is expecting again! Great news, but as you can imagine, she is very cautious, and probably will not believe she is going to have a baby, until she carries him/her home in her arms. I cried again for her, this time out of joy. I pray that this baby sticks, and she gets the baby she has been dreaming of.

And, then I sit and think of my own children. My beautiful 4 year old, who can drive me insane, but who has held my heart in her hands since the day I got that positive pregnancy test. I look at my sweet baby Evalynn, who was born healthy, happy, and perfect. I am one of the lucky ones, who has never had to go through the loss of a child. I become so content with my life, and the health of my babies, that I forget to be thankful for it. So, when my 4 year old has driven me to pull my hair out, and my 2 month old is fussy, I will think of all the women who have lost a child, and I will be thankful.

1 comment:

  1. *tear* Your so heart felt and sweet. You are very fortunate, as am I. My daughter, like yours, has had my heart since that postive pee stick too. Crazy how someone can have that power. Who knew we could love someone that much. I thought I loved my husband more than I could possibly love anything else...but Kylie has him beat in a way only a son or daughter can.
    Im so happy that this woman is having a successful pregnancy this time and I truely hope she has a full term healthy baby boy or girl.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a busy mom, who loves to make healthy, home-cooked meals for my daughters, Kayla and Evalynn, and my husband, Chris. I am a full time student and home-maker. I love to make delicious meals and share them with the ones I love. Now, I'm venturing out to share my recipes with the world!