The "CAKE" Family

Life is sweet with two little girls to keep us busy!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A few things my girls taught me today...

1. Sitting back and enjoying the ride is the most important lesson anyone can learn. Housework, and shopping can wait, but spending time with your family/kids gives you memories to last a lifetime.

2. A sweet smile in the morning from a precious new baby is the best pick-me-up, no matter how little sleep you got the night before (due to that same baby waking every 3 hours to eat!)

3. The best way to get the wrinkles out of a 4 year-old after a too-long bath is to iron them out :P (according to my sweet daughter Kayla!)

4. There are a few essential things one needs when photographing an 8 week old baby... a high-speed camera that takes lots of pictures really quickly, in order to catch all those cute facial expressions... Patience, because babies are not the best models...an assistant to help place the baby, make her happy, and move out of the way quick enough so the photographer can capture the moment! I have a new found appreciation for baby photographers after playing photographer tonight!

Here are a couple of the pictures I took tonight of Evalynn... I think I did a pretty good job for being an amateur and working with a mediocre camera!

Sleeping for the first few photos...but then
She was not so happy about her pictures being taken
Finally got a few good ones of her awake, this is my fav!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a busy mom, who loves to make healthy, home-cooked meals for my daughters, Kayla and Evalynn, and my husband, Chris. I am a full time student and home-maker. I love to make delicious meals and share them with the ones I love. Now, I'm venturing out to share my recipes with the world!