The "CAKE" Family

Life is sweet with two little girls to keep us busy!

Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Festivities!

I love the fall! The crisp air, leaves changing, pumpkin carving, baking, family, friends, hot chocolate, and snuggling up under a nice warm blanket. These are just some of the things I love about fall!

We went up to Murray Family Farm two weeks ago with my mom, Grandma K, to go apple picking, and get some pumpkins. We had an awesome day, filled with laughing and lots of fun!
We picked out a few pumpkins for carving, although Kayla wasn't able to get this HUGE one, we found a nice sized one for her! We shopped around in the store, and bought some fruit, before sitting down to have some lunch. After lunch, we went on a hay ride and got to pick our own little pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. We got to paint some pumpkins with funky faces, and designs, and then we picked apples to our hearts content!



The day was long, but we had a blast. We picked a total of 30 lbs of apples, which we will be canning, making apple butter, apple pies, spiced apples, apple sauce, and who knows what else! We are also planning on making a trip back to the farm in May to pick berries! I think we have found a new family tradition!

And this is what we brought home with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a busy mom, who loves to make healthy, home-cooked meals for my daughters, Kayla and Evalynn, and my husband, Chris. I am a full time student and home-maker. I love to make delicious meals and share them with the ones I love. Now, I'm venturing out to share my recipes with the world!