The "CAKE" Family

Life is sweet with two little girls to keep us busy!

Monday, October 11, 2010

Where does the time go?

Wow, life creeps up on me and I don't keep up. I am going to attempt to stay a little more active with my blog, but no promises.

Since my last post, our little angel was born. Evalynn came into this world after a short, calm labor and delivery on September 2nd. Life has been wonderful, yet exhausting with a newborn in the house again. It is really amazing how well a woman can manage on little sleep, and the demands of a 4 year-old and an infant.

Now that we have welcomed our sweet baby into our family, and life is settling down (a little bit, at least), we have one more big event to prepare for... Chris and I are planning our wedding, actively! Yes, we have actually been "planning" since February, but it has been pretty minimal. We decided on our colors, the venue, and the ideas of what we want, but the real planning has been put off until now. But, now is the time for us to roll up our sleeves and get a little dirty.

Today was one of those jump in and get dirty days. My sister, mom and I went to the local bridal shop to find bridesmaids dresses and my mom's dress. We had a terrific day together, shopping and chatting. It was a special day because my big sister is my maid of honor, and my mom is walking me down the aisle. I was able to spend some great quality time with two of the most important women in my life, which is something that doesn't happen often enough.

These next five months are going to be hectic, overwhelming, and exhausting, but it will bring us to a very special day, the day I get to marry the love of my life. I have loved this man for a long time, and I am ready to be his wife.

2 comments:

  1. *giggle* Oh Amanda...you are super woman, I couldnt imagine taking on wedding planning, a newborn and a toddler, and blogging all at one time! Your going to make just as beautiful of a bride as you do a mother. Congratulations! Your daughters are both so adorable. I barely have time myself to blog and I was pretty dedicated to it *laughing*. One of these not so hectic days we will have to get together for a mommy date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda & Chris CorlettOctober 23, 2010 at 6:45 PM

    Haha, yeah blogging.... Not happening too much! I think I have time to update about once a month! HEHEHE!

    You are too sweet! And I would love to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a busy mom, who loves to make healthy, home-cooked meals for my daughters, Kayla and Evalynn, and my husband, Chris. I am a full time student and home-maker. I love to make delicious meals and share them with the ones I love. Now, I'm venturing out to share my recipes with the world!