The "CAKE" Family

Life is sweet with two little girls to keep us busy!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Our BFP!!!!

Hi, my name is Amanda. I have a 3 year old daughter (4 in April), Kayla. She is the light of my life, and the laughter in my soul. My S.O. is Chris. We have been together for a little under 2 years (march 16 is our anniv.). Things were a bit complicated because my divorce took over a year and a half to get done, but it is over now, and C and I are on our way to a new life.

Marriage was the next item on our "To-Do" list. We have talked about it, and are even in the early stages of planning (talking about colors, venues, flowers etc.) but we are not officially engaged yet. We looked at rings about 2 months ago, to get an idea of what I want/like, and C has a plan on when he is going to pop the question. It is just a matter of waiting on my part!

Well, we had a wrench thrown into our plans right before the new year. I had been super cranky since the middle of December, and I just felt weird. So, a couple days before I was supposed to start my period I decided to take a test just to see. I have taken tests many times in the past (I am not on BC because every single one I have tried has given me a bad reaction, either yeast infections, upset stomach etc) thinking that I could be PG.

It was a day that I had to be to work at 11am, and I was running early, so I decided to run into Walgreens and buy a pack of tests. I got the E.P.T digital pack of 3, and headed off to work. I threw the bag into my purse, and went to work. I had this nagging feeling all morning, and I drank a lot of water so I had to pee. I decided to grab a test, and sneak away into the ladies room. I took the stick out and peed as much as I could (to my surprise I didn't pee very much, even though I drank a ton of water). I thought, "SH*T, this isn't going to work, that was barely 2 seconds worth of pee!" But I sat there anxiously anyway for the little hour glass to go away.... When it did, I was shocked to see "Pregnant" in the window.

I was so giddy, that I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. I forced myself to calm down and get back to work. I proceeded to take a picture of the dipstick with my phone, and sent a text to my lovely bf Chris. He was delighted, but skeptical. I wanted to tell the world at this point, but decided it was better to wait. But, the one person I HAD to tell was my mom. I asked C if I could, and he told me to take another test, and if the result was the same, then tell. So, I went to my mom's to say hi, and I snuck into her bathroom and took another test. I was disappointed to see the "not pregnant" this time, but decided that it was just a sign not to tell yet.

The next morning, I flew out of bed and went into the bathroom where the third test was sitting on the counter waiting for me, and tested one more time.... Again, I read "pregnant" on the window! It was true, I am pregnant! So, C and I were filled with excitement, and worry, and joy all at the same time, and we decided we would wait until I actually missed my period to tell our family. A couple days later, the time came to tell... We went to my mom's and told her first. She was caught off guard, but is happy to be a Grandma-to-be again. That night, Chris' mom and sisters came to our place to have a game night, and we told them.... I didn't get the reaction I was expecting, but after the shock wore down, they all told us they were happy and very excited. Then, we told C's dad, and grandparents. Again, they were all very excited and happy for us.

Our first prenatal appointment is next Thursday the 14th, and we are planning on telling the rest of our family and friends once we get confirmation that the baby is healthy, and everything is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a busy mom, who loves to make healthy, home-cooked meals for my daughters, Kayla and Evalynn, and my husband, Chris. I am a full time student and home-maker. I love to make delicious meals and share them with the ones I love. Now, I'm venturing out to share my recipes with the world!