The "CAKE" Family

Life is sweet with two little girls to keep us busy!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Eloise comes to visit...

Chris' niece, Eloise and her Daddy, Phong came by this morning to visit. Martine (C's big Sis), Phong and Eloise are in town for the weekend to celebrate Debbie's birthday (Chris & Martine's mom). The girls went out of town to the spa, but I wasn't able to go. So, we got to visit with our favorite little girl, Eloise. I love this girl! She is so darn cute, and the sweetest thing!

Kayla and Eloise are playing together ever so nicely in Kayla's room, and Chris, Phong and myself are in there with them. Next thing I know, Phong is checking Eloise's diaper, and then this stink fills the room! What happens next? I am running to the bathroom, half laughing, and half gagging because of this girl's booty! I couldn't believe that her little poopy butt made me sick!

In other news, I am supposed to be at the peak of my morning sickness (that's what the experts say anyway)! I am hoping they are right because this week has been the worst so far. I am in a constant state of nausea, and nothing really seems to help (except for those unhealthy fries from McD's!) The other night, I made tacos, and about 15 minutes after we ate, I was feeling it! Even apples make me queasy! I am trying to be healthy, but this kid doesn't want any of it! My only hope is that once we hit the 2nd trimester, I can make up for the 1st!

Kayla is very excited to be a big sister, and she will be unless I pop out a little boy! This girl is dead set on having a baby sister! We have tried to explain to her that we don't get to decide, and we have to wait to see if it's a boy or girl. She sticks to her guns, though, and informs me time after time, that we will be having a girl! "What if it's a boy," I say, and she replies, "No, I want it to be a girl, I want a sister!" Boy, she could be very disappointed!


2 comments:

  1. LOL, I had horrible morning sickness for the entire first trimester and the first few weeks of the second...it was non-stop, I thought I was going to be one of those women who have it during the entire pregnancy. I dont know if you have tried it yet, but sour things seem to help a little. I figured that out with Sour Patch Kids, hehe, lemon in your water...ummm...sour Jolly Ranchers are nice cause they last a while and are sour all the way thru. I have a crap load of crackers to throw away because I was trying everything and nothing seemed to work...

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a busy mom, who loves to make healthy, home-cooked meals for my daughters, Kayla and Evalynn, and my husband, Chris. I am a full time student and home-maker. I love to make delicious meals and share them with the ones I love. Now, I'm venturing out to share my recipes with the world!