The "CAKE" Family

Life is sweet with two little girls to keep us busy!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Okay, it's been a while since I posted last. I have had a hard 1st trimester. I had severe morning sickness, that got to the point that I couldn't eat. I was extremely exhausted, and slept most of my days off. No worries, my Dr. was great and gave me a prescription to help the morning sickness! I have felt much better for the last couple weeks, and I am now technically in my 2nd trimester.

The baby is doing great! This is the ultrasound from our 10 week appointment. Baby was moving like crazy, and had a very healthy heartbeat. There isn't much else to update on, since it is still too early to feel kicks, but we are still as excited as ever to be having this baby!

In other news, Chris and I have started planning our wedding. I actually found my wedding dress, and couldn't pass it up. I know it is early, and my body may change, but it can be altered, and I will have a great incentive to get my butt back into shape after the baby is born! My sister, and my bestie Kim were with me, and we had a great time trying on dresses! The girls were great, and made it a wonderful experience!

Tonight, we met with the photographer we want, Nickole Drake and booked her for the wedding. We have our engagement shoot scheduled for the 18th, and we are very excited to see the outcome of the pictures!

We picked our wedding colors, and are making our final decisions on the venue. Next on the list of to-dos, is researching DJ's and deciding on whether we are going to hire a DJ or a local band "Paid in Full" to play at the wedding. Once we get the major details settled, I will be less stressed out, and able to focus on the fun stuff. This next year is going to FLY by with the baby coming, planning the wedding, working, going to school, and raising Kayla. I can't wait to marry my best friend, and start the next chapter in our lives together!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, yay! Im so excited for you. I cant wait to see the engagment pictures. We need to get together sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a busy mom, who loves to make healthy, home-cooked meals for my daughters, Kayla and Evalynn, and my husband, Chris. I am a full time student and home-maker. I love to make delicious meals and share them with the ones I love. Now, I'm venturing out to share my recipes with the world!