The "CAKE" Family

Life is sweet with two little girls to keep us busy!

Friday, January 29, 2010

We're Engaged!!!!!

I'm the happiest girl, in the whole USA! Last week, Chris took me on a lovely trip to Flagstaff. We got there on Wednesday late afternoon, and were informed that there was a big storm coming in. I was in shock.... I am a desert rat... born and raised in a small town in the middle of the Mojave Desert. We have snowfall, maybe once every 5 or so years. The amount of snow that falls, is likely, less than 2 inches! So, here we are in beautiful Flagstaff, AZ surrounded by snow, and expecting a nice, big storm! Chris wasn't so worried. He lived there for 6 years while he was in college, and has dealt with this type of weather. So, he says, "No big deal, a little bit of snow can't scare me."

So, we hung out and went to Sadona that night, which was beautiful. Then we snuggled up in the hotel room for the rest of the night. It started to snow pretty hard around 10 PM, and from then on I was a nervous wreck. Thursday morning rolls around, and I am in Grumpsville! I woke up hormonal, and I didn't want to go ANYWHERE in that snow! Of course, Chris had his plan to take me to the Grand Canyon (I had never been), but I am REFUSING to go with him. Finally, he convinced me that it would be fine.

We got to the Grand Canyon around 3 PM, and were informed that we would not be able to actually see anything. Undeterred, we payed the dues, and drove up the the Angel Bright Lodge. We sat down for a nice lunch, the only table for about 20 minutes. We sat by the window, and watched the snow falling outside, and enjoyed the silence. After lunch, we decided to take a walk around the grounds. After a while, we came to a train stop that had a nice canopy over it, and took a rest before heading back. Chris slyly set up the video camera so he could be in the picture with me. Then he did it.... He proposed right there, at the Grand Canyon, in the snow! It was the most romantic thing I have ever had done for me. I cried, accepted, and gave him a big ol' kiss.

Besides nearly getting stuck for an extra day in Flagstaff, we had a wonderful trip. I will never forget my first trip to the Grand Canyon. Next time, I want to get to see the Canyon!!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Congrats!!! I found your blog through the bump by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so exciting, Im so happy for you Amanda! Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, and the baby on the way! Life is Awesome! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a busy mom, who loves to make healthy, home-cooked meals for my daughters, Kayla and Evalynn, and my husband, Chris. I am a full time student and home-maker. I love to make delicious meals and share them with the ones I love. Now, I'm venturing out to share my recipes with the world!