The "CAKE" Family

Life is sweet with two little girls to keep us busy!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Our first appointment

We had our first appointment today... Chris told me that he wants to be as involved as possible throughout this pregnancy, which means going to all appointments. He was right there by my side.

Doc did the routine stuff, I had a pap smear, and then he said he was going to do an U/S. I guess he though it would be comic relief when he said, "Hey, maybe it's twins!" What he didn't know was this was my biggest fear. My mom's parents are both twins. My Grandpa's mother was pregnant with 5 sets of twins, although only one set survived (my Grandpa and his twin). My Grandma is also a twin, but I don't know if her mother was pregnant with twins more than once or not. I got a look of terror on my face, and Doc continues on, "It's due, we get twins every 88 patients or so." I looked at Chris (who has been wishing for twins since BEFORE I got pregnant) and told him to shove it! Not that I wouldn't be thrilled to have 2 babies, but it scares the CRAP out of me!

So, we had a really quick ultrasound, pretty much to make sure the baby was inutero and there was a yolk sac. Everything looked fine, and there was definitely only ONE baby developing! The first thing out of my mouth once he got a clear picture was, "that's only one, right?" Doc laughed and said, "Yes, there is only one in there." Thank goodness! I don't know if I could handle a 4 year old and TWO babies!

My next appointment is in four weeks, and I am so excited! We will be able to see a real baby then. It may look like a little alien, but at least it will be resembling a human being!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a busy mom, who loves to make healthy, home-cooked meals for my daughters, Kayla and Evalynn, and my husband, Chris. I am a full time student and home-maker. I love to make delicious meals and share them with the ones I love. Now, I'm venturing out to share my recipes with the world!